It turns out that most teams have similar types of problems that prevent them from getting the full benefits from Agile. In this talk, Michael Sahota will review his top 10 Agile gotcha’s and how Agile theory and practice can help you recover from them.
Some of the topics that will be covered in this session include:
– We don’t know when our release will be done
– Sprint planning meetings take forever
– We stopped having retrospectives (or they are useless)
– People aren’t working together (esp. dev, qa, product)
– We keep getting new stories
– Daily standups are long and/or boring
– We never finish all our stories in a Sprint
– We never have time for technical improvements
– It feels like we are pushing rocks up hill to keep Agile going
Michael Sahota is a Consultant, Trainer, and Certified Scrum Coach based in Toronto. Michael works with businesses to accelerate delivery of value and help organizations transform to workplaces of joy and meaning.
Date: Tuesday Sept. 17, 2013 – 7 PM
Location: Ryerson University, George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre, Room
205, 245 Church St., Toronto