Maven Repository not Updating Correctly

This afternoon I ran into a mysterious and annoying problem with my local Maven repository. I was missing the sources jar for a particular artifact in the repository. The sources jar existed in the remote repository, and downloaded correctly on a neighbouring workstation. I tried re=running “mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources”. No luck. I tried to force a download, first by deleting the artifact’s directory in the local repository, then by doing a mvn eclipse:clean. Still no luck. The final solution was to run

mvn clean
mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources

It's only fair to share...
Share on FacebookGoogle+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply