If you find the urge to use ‘ls’ or use other unix commands too great and are always frustrated in a Windows Command Shell,
try the following setup:
- On a Computer running Windows.
- Install Cygwin .
- now you can use the shells provided with cygwin in some situations where you had been using the Windows Command Shell.
- Edit your Windows environment variables (Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables)
- add or append to the Path variable c:cygwinbin
- Open a new Windows Command Shell.
- Use ‘ls’ and many other unix commands interspersed with Windows/DOS commands.