Because CVS is file based transferring a project from one CVS Server to another is easy.
Just do the following:
1. FTP the entire project directory structure from one CVS Server to another.
2. Change the owner, group, and permissions of the project structure on the new server
- chown will change the owner of the files and directories -R is recursive
- chgrp will change the group of the files and directories -R is recursive
- chmod will change the permissions of the files and direcotories -R is recursive -g+w gives the group write permissions.
chown -R my_cvs_group_name my_project_name chgrp -R my_cvs_group_name my_project_name chmod -R g+w my_project_name
NOTE: All your CVS server users should be in a linux group that corresponds to cvs
- To check the group see /etc/group
- To check the users in that group see /etc/passwd
- To learn more about setting this see: http://www.samspublishing.com/library/content.asp?b=red_hat_linux7&seqNum=208&rl=1